All racing gasoline or Diesel engines, naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged fitted with injection (direct/indirect) or carburetted.
For tuned engines and high performance cars operating over a wide range of rpm and temperatures, in severe driving conditions.
Suitable for all types of fuels, gasoline, Diesel and biofuels (especially Ethanol).
Features and Benefits
STANDARDS: Above existing standards
TYPE OF USE : Circuit, Drag race, Drift, Endurance, GT, Hill climb, Historic racing, Rally, Rally cross, Track days, Tuning...
Consult your tuning service partner for appropriate type of use.
ESTER Core® Technology
For decades MOTUL has developed high performance synthetic Ester based lubricants. The 300V Line includes the latest evolutions of MOTUL’s proprietary ESTER Core® Technology to ensure maximum engine power output without compromising reliability and wear protection. MOTUL has created a perfect synergy formula to increase performance and protection of the engine selecting esters over other high performance synthetic and organic base stocks and combining them with an innovative additive package. This exclusive Racing formulation now features biofuels (especially Ethanol) and particulate filter compatibility, LSPI protection and lowers environmental impact.
Esters are polar molecules hence are attracted to metallic surfaces. ESTER Core® Technology features optimized polarity for maximal adherence of the oil film to increase engine protection, reliability and driveability, even in most extreme conditions.
Used only in the 300V range, this exclusive technology guarantees you more:
- Maximum power output: Friction reduction for maximum power and torque at all rpm
- Reliability: High shear stability for maximal oil film resistance to reduced engine wear
- Life: Increased oxidation resistance for longer engine & oil life duration
- Driveability: Maximal polar adherence of the oil film for rapid engine rpm response
- Easy start: Fast oil pressure build-up and optimal oil flow
- Reduced oil consumption: Low oil volatility and evaporation helps to control oil consumption
- Detergency: High detergency performance allows better engine cleanliness
- Driving comfort: Lower friction level brings engine noise reduction in all driving modes
This racing formulation 300V with exclusive ESTER Core® Technology features biofuels and particulate filter compatibility and LSPI protection.
- Biofuels: Compatible with alcohol-based fuels, especially Ethanol (up to E85)
- LPSI protection: Compatible with downsized engines subjected to Low Speed Pre-Ignition issues
- Particulate filter: Compatible with particulate filter requiring reduced SAPS (Sulfated Ash, Phosphorous, Sulfur) level (SAPS: 0.91% weight and TBN: 8.1 mg KOH/g)
The Organic base using non-fossil renewable materials is limiting the environmental impact and allows MOTUL to lower its carbon footprint by 25% during manufacturing process.
The 300V COMPETITION series viscosity grades allow stable oil pressure and bring the best compromise between power and reliability to your engine in all extreme conditions.
These 300V COMPETITION series viscosity grades can cope with engines subject to mid engine oil dilution from unburned fuel.
- MOTUL 300V COMPETITION series are suitable for most engine applications and are particularly recommended for Rally, GT… etc, or historic racing engines (rebuilt engines) requiring performance with enhanced protection against wear and oil pressure drops.
- Adapt or choose the right 300V viscosity grade according to the viscosity grade recommended in your owner’s manual or by your tuning service partner.
- To guarantee optimal engine performance, avoid mixing with other synthetic or mineral lubricants.
- Oil Change: Consult your tuning service partner for appropriate drain interval and tune to your own use.
|Viscosity grade||SAE J 300||5W-50|
|Density at 20°C (68°F)||ASTM D1298||0.855|
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)||ASTM D445||105.3 mm²/s|
|Viscosity at 100°C (212°F)||ASTM D445||17.9 mm²/s|
|HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F)||ASTM D4741||5.0 mPa.s|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||190.0|
|Pour point||ASTM D97||-45.0 °C / -49.0 °F|
|Flash point||ASTM D92||226.0 °C / 439.0 °F|